Tuesday, October 30, 2007

How NOT to advertise your services part 2

 

I was so taken with my focus on the fact the 1800 Got-Junk junk guys were now resorting to stapling thier signs to lamp posts and lowering they're brand to the level of the yard sale guy. That I failed to focus on the other, even more glaring error in brand development.

This would be the web design guy's well crafted marketing campaign.

So.... Besides the fact that you're not exactly laser targeting your target market demographic by posting your sign on the side of the road.

You furthermore are a web designer...
(that is clearly color blind)
but ...

wait for it...

you put your PHONE NUMBER on the sign.

Not your WEBSITE?

... again...

You're a web designer, but you don't show me your website address, you give me your phone number.

'nuf said.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget