Sunday, December 31, 2006

Creating a new adsense site

So... In my quest to try to put in place some of my recent internet marketing learning, I've downloaded a huge whack of content to a new site that I'm developing called 2xl.in

It's a little pun on my XL brand... get it?
If you want to excel (XL) in... go to www.2xl.in
and in good internet marketing fashion, since most people only remember the .com, or go there first instinctively, I've also registered www.2xlin.com, which just bounces you to the .in domain.

As I've mentioned before, I like the literal use of the (IN) as a word, I think with the domain market place expanding so much, sites using cleaver wording like del.icio.us, as part of their naming strategy, will eventually gain more popular use.

But I digress...

We're here to discuss my adsense site experiments.

I haven't found that the site I did called tiredofsmoking.com has done much for my adsense income. I still haven't found the "driver" for the content side of the site. I suppose posting to some related forums would be in order, as well as some google adwords ads... but I think if I was going to do that, I'd put a little more effort into getting a few clickbank offers in there also.

That said, Tiredofsmoking.com is a pretty targeted micro demographic... well, not that small I guess, but still, 2xl.in will give me the ability to cover more subject matter than I am now.

The next step is to create a directory page for the front of the site. I think what I'm going to try to do is make it an article submission site also. Use the existing categories that I've got already, and add the ability for users to add their own articles.

It would be really great if I could also create RSS feeds from each of the headings, not sure if I could automate that, but don't see why not.

Off to rentacoder.com with me I guess, let's track the progress on this project and see what happens shall we?

I'll make this into a little mini course on product creation using outsourcing.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget