Friday, December 29, 2006

Our First .mobi Domain

Well, after purchasing a few .mobi domains for my portfolio, I decided that I should put up a site for our company... ya know... just to say we'd done it.

I went looking for a site builder program that I could use that would spit out compliant code (.mobi is pretty fussy about the code that you put up, has to work on mobile devices and be light on graphics and such).

I found a good little tool at this site www.mobisitegalore.com
It was fast and easy to make my mobi site, they had some good templates and the whole thing took me about 1.5 hours to do, including copy.

Not sure how this would stand up to a more robust application request, but for my simple 'brochure site" requirements it was fast and easy... even included it's own upload so I didn't have to deal with FTP'ing the site.

They work on a donation basis, so you can do your first project for free if you like... they have a few options that are interesting for designers and people looking for a more "pro" offering. Worth a look I'd say.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget