Sunday, January 06, 2008

More Validation of the SEO Value of XLsuite


I've noticed with Rick's site and some others that we perform well in the search engines, I've attributed a lot of that simply to the fact that we're using pure CSS generally, and to the fact that I'm somewhat aware of titles, headlines etc... when building the initial structure of the pages.

However, this latest thing I noticed is really interesting.

As you may or may not know, StrataMeeting.com was an early project that I developed and was ultimately what got Rick interested in investing in XLsuite's development, beyond his own interest for his real estate business.

Anyway, long story short, I have a clunky old Joomla based application on the .com with many more pages, several active users, and ... it's been somewhat languishing on the side lines while we got XLsuite up to the level where it could be used to replace the current version.

As a test site, as I often do, I've got StrataMeeting.net set up with xlsuite's 1 page demo. Nothing has really happened with it in almost a year either.

However, when you type in "strata Meeting" into google, you get the .net in the #3 position, despite having "lorem ipsum" text on the home page and even in the search results.

The .com with an active application doesn't show up until page 2. ???

Could the framework itself really have that much to do with search results? Would be nice to be able to show that more conclusively.

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget