Saturday, February 17, 2007

Computer routers face hijack risk: study

Computer routers face hijack risk: study: "Researchers at the University of Indiana and Symantec Corp. are warning that about half of internet users with a home router are vulnerable to having the hardware hijacked."

This is pretty scary, I have to say that I've always had a "let the network be free" attitude towards my wireless routers. I certainly use people's open connections when I find them and need a hot spot to pick up email, do a quote or find something on Google Maps

I guess it's just another reason to promote closed networks, it's a shame really. There needs to be an open source ID that would let you log into secured networks. I guess it could be a firmware upgrade to your router.

You could use the same "phishing" technique to install your "OSID friendly" firmware on the routers, just go to this site and click here to install the new firmware on your router.

Cool... Someone start an association would ya?

No comments:

Movie & TV Show Preview Widget